Modern timber frames are long-lasting, cost-effective and hard-wearing, and and are the most popular form of house construction in the UK. Fencehouse Roof Truss Company specialises in the design and manufacture of timber frame structures for the construction and self-build markets. One of the key advantages of timber frame designs is that they can be produced in the factory and delivered as a finished product to the build site.
All our timber frames are designed using the latest CAD software and manufactured at our state-of-the-art factory. Our precision engineering guarantees a high level of accuracy, simplifying on-site construction and saving time and budget.
A building using timber frames will appear exactly the same from the outside as a one constructed from masonry, as external cladding and finishes are applied to both in the same manner, using bricks, stone, wooden cladding or rendering. The cost of a timber frame home is similar to a masonry build but total project costs can often end up less because factory fabrication is faster and more predictable.
Timber frame construction is a method of building which relies on a timber frame as a basic means of structural support. An economical and efficient method of construction, timber frames offers greater quality, an easier and faster build, simplified on-site construction and the ability to offer greater choice and flexibility to the customer.
Timber Frame structures offer huge benefits over traditional masonry construction, including:
- High levels of quality and accuracy.
- A construction process that does not depend on the weather or seasonality.
- Less unpredictability and more control during the construction process.
- A product that can easily exceed Building Standards.
- An improved level of Health & Safety due to not having on site construction.
- A more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly building process.
- Outstanding value for money through the speed and ease of erection reducing the build cost.
- Increased satisfaction from customers from the following:
- More design flexibility to cater for customer needs.
- Lower household bills due to increased thermal properties.
- Excellent structural protection against fire and flood.
- More choice than other product alternatives.