Spandrel panels are engineered timber frame panels designed to fit the roof profile of trussed rafters. An excellent alternative to traditional masonry gable ends and a perfect solution for separating walls within the roof space, these panels offer a cost effective and time saving alternative to building up masonry walls.
Here at Fencehouse Roof Truss Company, we manufacture engineered, pre-fabricated spandrel panels with all the fire rated and acoustic properties needed to comply with Local Authority building regulations. We can provide your panels as part of your entire roofing structure and roof trusses, or as an individual order, but always in line with your exact requirements.
Our spandrel panels incorporate a specially-designed, factory-produced timber frame panel that are engineered to complete the construction of separating walls that would otherwise have to be constructed with masonry.
Spandrel Panels are structural timber frame panels designed to match the profile of the roof and form the party and/or gable walls.
Fencehouse Roof Truss Company’s spandrel panels are designed and fabricated off-site, removing the need for expensive and time consuming on-site masonry. Scaffolding costs are significantly reduced while the need for cure-time before roof installation is removed.
Spandrel Panels offer the following benefits:
- Satisfy all local authority regulations, NHBC requirements and Robust Details specifications.
- An Engineered timber product designed and manufactured to match the associated trussed rafters allowing continuity of work when installing the roof framing.
- Enable coordinated delivery with trusses rafters ensuring minimal delays to build program.
- Speed of erection – Typically a pair of spandrel panels can be lifted in to position and fixed within one hour allowing the roof surface to be made watertight much quicker than would normally be possible.
- Eliminate the need for additional scaffolding with their associated health and safety risks.
- Avoid the need to have bricklayers returning to finish off brickwork walls once the trussed rafters are in place.
- Allow for an all-weather build (Although care should be taken in high winds)